Monday, April 15, 2013

Oh Joy

I had some lab work done last week because i started seeing a new doctor and they wanted to check my sugar and cholesterol. Cholesterol was good... sugar not so much came back pre diabetic. My mom, an aunt, and uncle are diabetic which i figured i would have a chance in life to be one as well. The nurse told me the doctor said to make some changes .. low carb, low fat, low sugar and high protein. I live in a house with 6 men (one being my husband) and I don't always cook the meals because of being at work. it's rare for me to drink pop but when i do i partake in the diet stuff and no more than 24oz in a day.  ... back to track now ... i have been researching online things to do and i can't seem to find a good source of information. The doctor won't give me a guideline ruling until after my A1C comes back (which was done today). Something I have noticed is that back in march around the 6th i started having low sugar issues and now I am having high sugar issues. i can be 109 at first wake up then be 79 3hrs later(after eating a bowl of cocoa puffs). i've had it go up to 204 in the last week while I was at work. I chugged 20oz bottle of water and went back to work. i guess i will start watching my carb intake and monitoring sugars more closely. i can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search