Saturday, May 30, 2009

I feel HORRIBLE!!!

I have no idea how this happened but I feel so horrible it did. I blame myself and think back to how it might have happened. Osiris has had diarrhea for about a week now. On Wednesday I took him to the doctor because he had 8 diarrhea diapers in less than 6hrs. He would not eat anything so I was worried also the night before he just screamed for over an hr like he was in severe pain. So the doctor was not going to do anything since Aja had diarrhea problems in Nov. 2007 thru late last year. I made the comment that maybe Osiris has IBS since Rick has it also. The doctor said it is possible and told me to just give him pedialyte for 36hrs and see what happened. Well I asked about a stool culture because the diarrhea (TMI) smelled horrible (like rotten eggs) and was pastel yellowish looking to neon greenish looking. The doctor order the culture and I am glad I asked for it.

The stool culture came back positive for Campylobacteriosis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campylobacteriosis

I have no idea how he got it. He started projectile vomitting last night and it smells horrible!!! I am worried because now Thad is acting the same way as Osiris was at first. I have a call into the on-call doctor for Thad and waiting to see what he says. Just keep the kids in your thoughts please.

2 comments:

  1. Of course you are in our thoughts! Please becareful for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad and def don't blame yourself. I looked at the wiki site and it says over and over that it is common! Anybody could get it. However I am so sorry your baby is sick. I hope the rest of the family stays healthy. You are all in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search